Phosphoric acid reef safe?

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new copperband small little guy. Replaced after my 5 year old died out of the blue. Anyway he’s not eating right now. Chases frozen
mysis but I don’t see him eat it. He is picking at live rock all day. I bought him pre quarantined for Dr reefs. They stated he was eating frozen mysis soaked in Weldon and garlic. Anyway my question is this. Can I use minced garlic from a jar? Label lists garlic, water, and phosphoric acid. I can’t seem to find anything that says it’s safe or unsafe.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know. But I would ask the seller to be specific (Selcon not Weldon right?) and use that. I wouldn’t use the garlic from the fridge.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable about this topic will chime in,

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Copperband, about 3.5", quarantined from Dr. Reef. Same thing. Would chase Mysis and Brine Shrimp but not eat. He did pick at the rock and I could see him munching on something every once in a while. I put frozen clams on a half shell in one of those feeding bags and he picked at it too. He finally started eating Brine Shrimp after 10 days and Mysis a couple weeks later. He didn't lose weight in those initial 10 days so I assume he was eating little Aiptasia from the rocks. I had a problem with them at the time. I don't now and the Copperband is fat & healthy.

OP
OP
USMA36

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’ll try putting whole clams in and see if that works. So far I’ve tried Masstick pressed into an old shell, mysis, mysis soaked in garlic and selcon, and LRS Reef Frenzy. He chases but doesn’t eat. I do see him picking at the rocks all day though.

I got my Copperband, about 3.5", quarantined from Dr. Reef. Same thing. Would chase Mysis and Brine Shrimp but not eat. He did pick at the rock and I could see him munching on something every once in a while. I put frozen clams on a half shell in one of those feeding bags and he picked at it too. He finally started eating Brine Shrimp after 10 days and Mysis a couple weeks later. He didn't lose weight in those initial 10 days so I assume he was eating little Aiptasia from the rocks. I had a problem with them at the time. I don't now and the Copperband is fat & healthy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back