Photon light settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Uzair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
i have reefbreeder photon lights its the remote version due to coral growth issue im not sure if my light settings are suitable or not i have searched the forum but didnt get any proper settings for a mixed reef tank

Kindly if any of the member or of the team from reefbreeder could share standard or recommended settings for photon

Would be greatful
Regards

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
i have reefbreeder photon lights its the remote version due to coral growth issue im not sure if my light settings are suitable or not i have searched the forum but didnt get any proper settings for a mixed reef tank

Kindly if any of the member or of the team from reefbreeder could share standard or recommended settings for photon

Would be greatful
Regards
What size tank? How high are they mounted? These matter. My 180 gallon is 24 inches tall and lights are mounted 18” off the water and run 100% all blues, up to 50% whites and 40% reds and green.

My 65.4 waterbox is only 17 inches tall and the light is mounted 16” off water with about 60% blues, 15% whites, red and green.

I run 2 hour ramp up and down times and a total lights on for 11 hrs

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my tank is 6 by 2.5 ft
And its mounted
Here is my schedule if you want to try it. Of course just adjust as needed.
IMG_1698.png
IMG_1699.png
IMG_1389.jpeg
IMG_1303.jpeg

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

It's important to note down what your settings were prior to making adjustments- just make sure you don't increase the output too much at once. Typically, it's safe to bump intensity by about 10% a week to get your corals used to more light. For example, if your royal/cool blues and violets were at a max of 40% before updating your settings- start by bumping them up to 50%. Give it a week or so to let your corals adjust, and if everything looks happy- go ahead and bump it up again.

Also note- your lights are closer to the water than mrpontiac's- so your will have higher PAR numbers at lower settings.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back