Photon V2 and Lumen Bars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone at @Reef Breeders can answer a few questions.

I recently purchased a used setup I could not pass up. It came with a 48" and 24" photon V2 outfitted with two 48" and two 24" lumenbars. All the wires for the lights along with everything else for this 180 tank were in a box, so I am sifting through the stuff. The seller had mentioned they were about 18 months to a year old, he could not remember exactly when he purchased them.

After watching some videos online, I see how to program the Photons and all the pieces for them.

I cannot seem to find any information on the Lumenbars. does the timeframe of the age of the lights refer to the lumen bars or the newer lumen bar colors? not sure of when the new line was released. the seller mentioned they were blue. Is it the high octane, royal ice, or the older blue bar, doesn't make a difference to me, I will see how they look once I get them setup.
Does anyone have pictures of their unboxing, or information on what is included so I can try to get these setup? how are they controlled? is it just an additional timer for the plug needed for on/off? or are they dimmable like the photons? any help would be wonderful.

Thank you.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

Can you post a photo of the LumenBars? If they're 18 months old, it's likely all 450nm blues, and the older version.

OP
OP
Roid Reefs

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have a picture at the moment, but I will get some tonight. They are mounted on the photons with the mounting brackets.
I do have to say I was going to go with my previous lights with the build, but after doing some reading I am looking forward to giving the photons a try.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back