Photon V2 Fan Operation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

braappn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just wondering if this is normal. The fans on my 24" V2 have been coming on lately, but only in very short bursts.

They come on for 5 seconds, go off for 30 seconds, and repeat. The lights are running for about 12 hrs total, maxing out at 75% for 5 hours. Does this sound like normal fan operation?

Thanks!

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just wondering if this is normal. The fans on my 24" V2 have been coming on lately, but only in very short bursts.

They come on for 5 seconds, go off for 30 seconds, and repeat. The lights are running for about 12 hrs total, maxing out at 75% for 5 hours. Does this sound like normal fan operation?

Thanks!

They only come on when needed, as the temp rise to a certain temp fans come on until below that temp, yours must be just hitting the temp limit so the fans don't need to run very long to cool it back off.
To test to make sure they are not fautly you can set the % of all channels to 100% and see if they stay on longer without cut outs, but to me that is normal operation what you are seeing.

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They only come on when needed, as the temp rise to a certain temp fans come on until below that temp, yours must be just hitting the temp limit so the fans don't need to run very long to cool it back off.
To test to make sure they are not fautly you can set the % of all channels to 100% and see if they stay on longer without cut outs, but to me that is normal operation what you are seeing.
Similar question, My fans have never come on and I’m wondering if they are working or not or I don’t run them high enough and wondering if it has a heat sensor but I only run all blues at 45%

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar question, My fans have never come on and I’m wondering if they are working or not or I don’t run them high enough and wondering if it has a heat sensor but I only run all blues at 45%
45% it's unlikely you will notice the fans. Mine come on maybe for a few seconds every now and then at that power.

I ran a test and found they don't really come on regularly until you hit about 70%- assuming a 70 degree room and open air.

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45% it's unlikely you will notice the fans. Mine come on maybe for a few seconds every now and then at that power.

I ran a test and found they don't really come on regularly until you hit about 70%- assuming a 70 degree room and open air.
Thanks good to know

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never noticed mine kick on either. Been using for 1 yr now as an upgrade from my AI primes…. Big difference since those ran constantly.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back