Photon V2+ schedule tool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MMcKenna1029

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been playing around with my new V2+ and have to admit that the 6 channels can be a little intimidating. I have an idea of the ratio of the color channels I want and know the maximum intensity I want to start with but my OCD self who wants a smooth ramp up and ramp down then gets completely dumbfounded. So I set out to develop a tool to help. This is by no means perfect and I would welcome critique but I think it is helpful.

Please understand I share this as simply a tool and by no means a proven lighting schedule. It simply allows a smooth ramp up and down to be developed based on inputs. I honestly don't know if I am allowed to post an excel file so below is just a screenshot. This excel tool allows you to pick 9 set points throughout the day, a max intensity for royal blue, and color channel ratios bench marked back to the royal blue and gives you your programming for all 6 channels. The 9 set points are for all 6 channels and then the royal blue can be manipulated in the column highlighted yellow, far right, to provide extra moon light hours.

Would welcome feedback/critique on the concept and if there is interest I can see if I can make the spreadsheet available.

Thanks, Matt

Photon Light Schedule.PNG

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running on the remote or with the upgrade to the app? If you're concerned about a smooth ramp up and ramp down I heavily recommend upgrading. It's a really simple switch over, programming is a million times easier, and the transitions are way smoother.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running on the remote or with the upgrade to the app? If you're concerned about a smooth ramp up and ramp down I heavily recommend upgrading. It's a really simple switch over, programming is a million times easier, and the transitions are way smoother.
I e been wanting to upgrade to the WiFi add on ever since they announced it. It’s never available. So I’m gonna just deal with it and do the right thing. Set the lights up using the tedious remote and forget about them.

OP
OP
MMcKenna1029

MMcKenna1029

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app certainly is an interest but right now programming off the remote.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I e been wanting to upgrade to the WiFi add on ever since they announced it. It’s never available. So I’m gonna just deal with it and do the right thing. Set the lights up using the tedious remote and forget about them.
I snagged mine on Marine Depot randomly. But I know what you mean, I've been waiting for the new bot mounts to be listed for months. He said he was testing extra weight and I'd love a lumenbar to go with my light.
The app certainly is an interest but right now programming off the remote.
It's doable, just tedious. Your tool looks like it would be helpful for getting a good ramp on remote mode - I'd like to see the lights in action that way.

Muttly78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to try your excel file if possible. I just got my light yesterday and think I've set it ok. However, this seems like it would be beneficial to check my settings with.

OP
OP
MMcKenna1029

MMcKenna1029

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attaching file...

So anything in yellow you can edit. Nothing else. Use the time set points to extend or shorten your daylight. Set point intensities are for royal blue, everything else will follow based on the channel percentages along the top. Tweak for additional moonlight hours using far right yellow column.

In agreement with everyone that the upgrade and ap will make this pointless, but until then...

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

• Light Schedule.xlsx
    24.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Muttly78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attaching file...

So anything in yellow you can edit. Nothing else. Use the time set points to extend or shorten your daylight. Set point intensities are for royal blue, everything else will follow based on the channel percentages along the top. Tweak for additional moonlight hours using far right yellow column.

In agreement with everyone that the upgrade and ap will make this pointless, but until then...

Thanks,
Matt
thank you! I have no intentions of going the app direction for now lol

Muttly78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attaching file...

Thanks,
Matt
I having a bit of trouble (Probably me), but when I change the values in the yellow RB setpoints cells all the channels get an error and the cells all change to #NAME?. I did install the spline addon. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
MMcKenna1029

MMcKenna1029

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Muttly78, I just downloaded the copy I made available and it seems to be working fine. You may want to double check that the spline add-on is installed correctly. You should see a SRS1 Splines tab on the excel ribbon. Without that the functions will read as incorrect. Let me know.

Thanks,
Matt

Muttly78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Muttly78, I just downloaded the copy I made available and it seems to be working fine. You may want to double check that the spline add-on is installed correctly. You should see a SRS1 Splines tab on the excel ribbon. Without that the functions will read as incorrect. Let me know.

Thanks,
Matt
The issue was I needed to click "repair" in the spline tab. ;Facepalm It's working perfectly now. Thanks for the help man

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back