Photons on a waterbox reeflx320

  • Thread starter Thread starter oreolk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

oreolk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
287
Reaction score
342
Location
NE PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some suggestions for lighting setup on a new reeflx 320 . Since the tank is 30 inches wide, I thought maybe mounting 4 photon 24's over the tank on a rail might work. I wouldn't mount them lengthwise but instead from front to back widthwise (if that makes sense). The aquascape will only be about 24" wide and lots of space around it. SPS dominant mixed tank.
Any input is welcome.
 
I need some suggestions for lighting setup on a new reeflx 320 . Since the tank is 30 inches wide, I thought maybe mounting 4 photon 24's over the tank on a rail might work. I wouldn't mount them lengthwise but instead from front to back widthwise (if that makes sense). The aquascape will only be about 24" wide and lots of space around it. SPS dominant mixed tank.
Any input is welcome.
There are a few options here- given the tank is 30" front to back you typically would want 2 rows of lights. However if your corals are in the middle 24" and only LPS/soft corals in the very front/back 3", then one row may be sufficient.

I typically recommend 2 x Photon 32-V2+ for 7 foot tanks up to 24" front to back. That's about as much power as 4 x 24s. 4 x Photon 32-V2+ would handle any coral under the sun corner to corner.

Here's an example of a tank with 4 x 32s with similar dimensions:

12-8-2019 Tom Blevins.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new