Photons on a waterbox reeflx320

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

oreolk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some suggestions for lighting setup on a new reeflx 320 . Since the tank is 30 inches wide, I thought maybe mounting 4 photon 24's over the tank on a rail might work. I wouldn't mount them lengthwise but instead from front to back widthwise (if that makes sense). The aquascape will only be about 24" wide and lots of space around it. SPS dominant mixed tank.
Any input is welcome.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some suggestions for lighting setup on a new reeflx 320 . Since the tank is 30 inches wide, I thought maybe mounting 4 photon 24's over the tank on a rail might work. I wouldn't mount them lengthwise but instead from front to back widthwise (if that makes sense). The aquascape will only be about 24" wide and lots of space around it. SPS dominant mixed tank.
Any input is welcome.
There are a few options here- given the tank is 30" front to back you typically would want 2 rows of lights. However if your corals are in the middle 24" and only LPS/soft corals in the very front/back 3", then one row may be sufficient.

I typically recommend 2 x Photon 32-V2+ for 7 foot tanks up to 24" front to back. That's about as much power as 4 x 24s. 4 x Photon 32-V2+ would handle any coral under the sun corner to corner.

Here's an example of a tank with 4 x 32s with similar dimensions:

12-8-2019 Tom Blevins.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back