Photos of Kalkwasser only SPS

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm adding Red Sea Colors to it now as per the
BRS investigates. Also determined to do LED only which has been a bit tricky, but am also seeing better colors on some coral with LED (before starting RS Colors).

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump...

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Avast Kalk stirrer but the included stirrer didn't work well for me.

I replaced it with a magnetic stirrer with my APEX and it worked wonderfully. You can put it on a timer if you don't have an APEX.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-sti...r&qid=1554501484&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

If I were to start over, I could buy an extruded acrylic cylinder with the capacity and size you want. Add an acrylic top and bottom. Use the stirrer shown above and some plumbing parts. I bet I could do it for about $100-$120 total. and it would work really well.

Yea the stirrer works slow and not great for large tanks that’s why I always like the water to pass through the kalk so it fluffs up eat time it turns on. This way the stirrer doesn’t really do much work at all and your not relying on it so much.
The magnetic stirrers are great if you make one strong and large enough. I never found one that was great for a large tank though.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the stirrer works slow and not great for large tanks that’s why I always like the water to pass through the kalk so it fluffs up eat time it turns on. This way the stirrer doesn’t really do much work at all and your not relying on it so much.
The magnetic stirrers are great if you make one strong and large enough. I never found one that was great for a large tank though.

If you're looking for a ***** magnetic stirrer check out the DIY one that @JDowns built for his tank. You won't be disappointed!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump...

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back