Photosynthetic sponge care?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CD_Scapes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CD_Scapes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2019
Messages
253
Reaction score
293
Location
Bemidji, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking to eventually get purple and red photosynthetic sponges for my nano reef, how long should I wait before I add them to my tank (I was thinking 4-6 months) and how is the care for them overall?
 
Sponge can be added fairly quickly
Offer them a semi shaded area in the tank and supplement such as probio will feed them happily
 
Any update on this? I was also thinking about getting some photosynthetic plating sponges. I keep mostly macro algae but I wanted to add some interesting new stuff. My tank is about 10 months old and I already have some hitchhiking pineapple sponges that are doing very well in my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new