Phyto Feast clownfish gasping

Mindblock769

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FOWLR, 2 clownfish.

On saturday I added a baseball size chaeto and copepods in the sump of my Reefer 250. I also added a couple drops of Phyto Feast. Yesterday I added more Phyto feast and admittedly added too much. Shortly after the tank got a bit cloudy and the clownfish were freaking out bobbing at the surface what appeared to be gasping. About an hour later after my skimmer removed a bunch of the phyto feast, they appeared to be relaxed again.

Is Phyto Feast bad for fish? Or do I just not have enough critters to consume the phyto and overdosing stressed them out?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
FOWLR, 2 clownfish.

On saturday I added a baseball size chaeto and copepods in the sump of my Reefer 250. I also added a couple drops of Phyto Feast. Yesterday I added more Phyto feast and admittedly added too much. Shortly after the tank got a bit cloudy and the clownfish were freaking out bobbing at the surface what appeared to be gasping. About an hour later after my skimmer removed a bunch of the phyto feast, they appeared to be relaxed again.

Is Phyto Feast bad for fish? Or do I just not have enough critters to consume the phyto and overdosing stressed them out?
Water change and increase oxygen with addition of air stone/pump.

OP
OP
M

Mindblock769

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change and increase oxygen with addition of air stone/pump.
I started a batch of saltwater at about 2:30am this morning ;Yawn I'm going to let it mix all day and do about a 30%WC this evening. I did read phyto can cosume the O2, but I didnt have an airstone so I raised the return nozzle out of the water to create some air bubbles on the surface, hopefully that was enough.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes- it can have impact

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back