pic of my Starry Blenny amongst the clams

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He always seems to enjoy hanging out around the clams. In my old 75 gallon he used to lay on the mantel of the large maxima.

IMAG0023.jpg

Last edited:

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice picture Paul. I assume the clams don't mind him playing around anymore. Did they close up when he first started laying on them?

florida reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a starry blenny a few weeks ago and he is a great addition to my tank! He is always hiding somewhere and spying. Great shot!

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. Definitely one of my favorite fish. He would only lay on top of the bigger clam and it never seemed to mind or close up. Kinda looked like he was lounging on a big couch. The other ones he will just put his front fins on and lean on them. They never seem to flinch when he does. I may have a pic on top of the clam. I'll have to see.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, you might have to upload another picture with him circled for the old guys :) haha j/k

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love starry blennies, and blennies in general. They just have so much personality. The starry I think is one of the more attractive ones out there too, and really not a bad looking fish at all. Used to have one myself.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pic Paul! My Lawnmower does the same thing from time to time and the clams just put up with it.

It looks like you have some real nice Maxima's in there too! How big is the big guy?

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big one is about 10-11" I'm up to (3) maxima and (2) dersa. I'll get a couple crocea and a blue spotted squammy down the road to round out my collection.

Here is another pic of the starry I just took with my phone. The phone was literally lying flat almost touching the surface of the water and the starry was about 2" below the surface. He didn't budge until I stuck my finger in the water and touched his mouth. He nipped at it and moved a couple inches to the side...lol He has red eyes so he can look a little possessed at times...:xd:

IMAG0029.jpg

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am thinking about getting one of those... do they have any special requirements, and how big do they get?

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol took me a min to find the cute guy. are those clams sitting in a flower pot box? is that how you get them to stay put?

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up paying 15 bucks for mine since the guy had him labeled as a rock/algae blenny..I just COULD NOT pass up on that deal

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back