Picasso Clownfish bump identification

  • Thread starter Thread starter lilia
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lilia

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
united states
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

My almost 3 year old Picasso clownfish has a large white protrusion on his side. It’s slightly red around the base, and I can’t seem to identify whether this is a disease, parasite or simply a wound of some kind. He is active and eating like normal and doesn’t have any weird behaviors that I notice. My 25 g tank has normal parameters and I do 10% water changes weekly, and haven’t added anything new to the tank, if that helps. Would love to know if anyone has any ideas on what this bump is!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1556.mov
    14 MB
Hi all,

My almost 3 year old Picasso clownfish has a large white protrusion on his side. It’s slightly red around the base, and I can’t seem to identify whether this is a disease, parasite or simply a wound of some kind. He is active and eating like normal and doesn’t have any weird behaviors that I notice. My 25 g tank has normal parameters and I do 10% water changes weekly, and haven’t added anything new to the tank, if that helps. Would love to know if anyone has any ideas on what this bump is!
This looks to be post-injury and the cyst may be from healing. You can use safely, Ruby Rally pro to prevent infection of treat fish in a separate tank if this gets worse using Seachem Neoplex
 
Hi all,

My almost 3 year old Picasso clownfish has a large white protrusion on his side. It’s slightly red around the base, and I can’t seem to identify whether this is a disease, parasite or simply a wound of some kind. He is active and eating like normal and doesn’t have any weird behaviors that I notice. My 25 g tank has normal parameters and I do 10% water changes weekly, and haven’t added anything new to the tank, if that helps. Would love to know if anyone has any ideas on what this bump is!

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I agree, this looks like mucus coming from an injury. What other animals are in with it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new