Picasso/Huma Huma and Mushrooms

  • Thread starter Thread starter xrayrider
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xrayrider

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
0
Location
Boise, Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Huma Huma for a Mushroom tank I just set up. I was told they would only eat SPS, and crustations, so I bought it. I read up on them after the purchase, and I am finding conflicting information. Has anyone ever kept a Picasso Trigger with Mushrooms, Ricordea, and Zoanthids. If so what happened. He is banished to my sump, until I figuure out what to do.

Thanks
 
I think they are not reef safe. The reason one would state that they eat sps aside from reefsafe, is because alot of fish will eat softies and lps but leave the sps alone. that is an all you can buffet right there
 
Well, here is my experience with humahuma.

They are one of theeeeee most agro triggers out there. My 55 gallon was a FO tank for a while and I traded most of my fish for new rock from a reef tank.


The rock I got had mushrooms, zoas, sponges, dusters etc etc etc.....

... the humahuma did not hesitate in picking EVERYTHING from the rock.... cleaned it out.

So, my experience and own observations is they are not reef safe in any form or fashion.
 
I agree, non-reef-safe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new