Picasso Triggerfish.

sheetmaself

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2025
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, and please don’t flame me.

If I have an out in that I find someone who will take the fish on when it gets too big and I aim for the smallest ie 1-1.5” specimen I can find.

How do you think a Picasso Triggerfish would cope in a TMC Next wave 78?

It would be the only living thing apart from the rock as i presume no cuc would survive it and obvs no coral but my main concern is the quality of life for the fish. Like i say I wouod be buying it with plans already in place for when it is needed to move on.

For clarity I have a 3ft display tank that is fish and corals and a firstwave 48 that is just coral and shrimp so I don’t feel like i am missing out just having my one dream fish.
 
If I'm understanding this correctly, the tank that you want to put a Picasso trigger fish in is only around twenty gallons? Yeah, I'm sorry but that is not a good idea at all. These fish grow extremely fast and are very active swimmers. The amount of stress this fish would experience would kill it pretty quick.
 
Oh, I read that they grew slowly so was thinking i would get 1.5-2yrs with the fish.

dang
 
Oh, I read that they grew slowly so was thinking i would get 1.5-2yrs with the fish.

dang
They do grow slower than most triggerfish, but when talking about a 20g tank they would outgrow it extremely fast if there was ever a size they could be kept in it.
 
Ok, well it isn’t what I wanted to hear but thank you. I love these fish so much but honestly would struggle to give my display tank over to one.

Back to the drawing board and thinking what I will stock it with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new