Pickle jar build!!! Need help 6 oz

the bomb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2024
Messages
191
Reaction score
40
Location
milton Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be one frag of pulsing Xenia in a 6oz pickle jar. Would I need filtration other than sand and some rock? Also what would I do for lighting. Any help would hope
 
Um, just natural light, and if its just the frag, minimal filtration. Just a waterchange here and there. The biggest challenge will be the salinity, evaporation will be a huge factor in such a small tank.
 
This would be one frag of pulsing Xenia in a 6oz pickle jar. Would I need filtration other than sand and some rock? Also what would I do for lighting. Any help would hope
I love jar builds! I currently have 3! Though I've never had one with coral. Only macros and anemones. I have no filtration, but I do a water change every week. Good luck :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
 
Um, just natural light, and if it’s just the frag, minimal filtration. Just a waterchange here and there. The biggest challenge will be the salinity, evaporation will be a huge factor in such a small tank.
Sounds good
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new