Pickle Ricks new tank build!

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thread. I will be following now. sucks to see those shipping damages. Glad they fixed it with lil to no headache.

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thread. I will be following now. sucks to see those shipping damages. Glad they fixed it with lil to no headache.
Yeah i was pretty bummed about the whole situation, I sent Steve a text with pictures and he said he would have a new one to me on the 25th of june lol as well this gives me an opportunity to change the return lines from 1/2" to 3/4" to make things easier for plumbing haha so not all bad!

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second tank arrived today! Also damaged. So I messaged Steve and still no response. I get its the week of the fourth so I will be patient but at this point all i want is my money back and this build will be canceled. Not sure where I will go from here. I reached out to a few other custom shops but im sure the price will make it prohibitive even if i get a refund at this point. This kind of thing is pretty typical in my life ha.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My third delivered tank from JBJ (different vendor, I know) was the charm, but I feel your pain,

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone still following along with this I have on 3 occassions sent a text message. All without a response. I have called the 1800 number and she said that he is on PTO and asked if I wanted her to text his personal number for me (she sounded very concerned when i told her that I already have his personal number since that is what he has been communicating with me via that number and still no reply.)

Ill message him today as im assuming he is not on pto any more. If i dont have any response by wednesday I will get paypal involved. I am not hopeful however since the order is well over 180 days old. Hoping it does not come to that since he has been a good guy.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone still following along with this I have on 3 occassions sent a text message. All without a response. I have called the 1800 number and she said that he is on PTO and asked if I wanted her to text his personal number for me (she sounded very concerned when i told her that I already have his personal number since that is what he has been communicating with me via that number and still no reply.)

Ill message him today as im assuming he is not on pto any more. If i dont have any response by wednesday I will get paypal involved. I am not hopeful however since the order is well over 180 days old. Hoping it does not come to that since he has been a good guy.
Have you tried just emailing him? That was always how I got the best/fastest response. I'm sure you probably have, but just checking. He's also on FB..might try a message there. I mean....if you want to go full stalker mode. lol

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried just emailing him? That was always how I got the best/fastest response. I'm sure you probably have, but just checking. He's also on FB..might try a message there. I mean....if you want to go full stalker mode. lol

I haven't, and normally that's what I prefer for communication but he texted and called my number a few times during the process before and he seems to prefer that method of communication lol

Like I said, he has been great to deal with even through the first damaged tank so I have no hard feelings, and I get being out and with family, all I really want is a response. Even if it is just a "hey I'm out of the office but will take a look on xxxday" that would be nice

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This build is being cancelled. I will start a new thread in the future when/if i pick up a different tank (It will be easier than editing all the posts)

OP
OP
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those following along or interested, I did receive my refund from Steve yesterday. I have no hard feelings about the situation, just a bit of bad luck on my end but in the end he didnt argue about a refund even once. and tried to do the right thing both times with the display as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back