View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo dpkg --configure -a
dpkg: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/updates/0083' near line 0:
field name 'libruby-2.3.so.2.3' must be followed by colon
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

BTW, I robbed a 16gb kensington card from one of my security cameras.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo dpkg --configure -a
dpkg: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/updates/0083' near line 0:
field name 'libruby-2.3.so.2.3' must be followed by colon
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

BTW, I robbed a 16gb kensington card from one of my security cameras.
Code:
sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/updates/000*
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Code:
sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/updates/000*
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update

Yeah it kept fighting us and I finally figured it was the SD card being flaky, everytime we would fix the packages the next download would fail about half way through, so he had a spare card and we punted and re-installed. Hopefully this will take care of his issues. :)

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect your SD card is on its way out . There are ways to check presence of badblocks etc.. but I think it will be wise to to just get a backup sd card, and copy over the /var/lib/reef-pi/reef-pi.db there, with the same version of reef-pi installed in it. Just in case this SD card goes bonker, you can just swap it with the other and call it a day,

Bigtrout

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK gang update here from all the technical above. We ended up punting and i installed Rasbian lite and then just re-setup everything. unit is now happy. it was late so I dont have it all done. but it is close.
Id have punted alot sooner than you did, but im not a patient person at times ;)
But i may just have a backup card sitting around from now on!

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that stinks because it was a brand new SD bought just for PI.

For curiosity, what card did you buy and from where? If it was Amazon, can you lookup the actual seller?

Sadly a huge number of fake or sub spec cards are mixed in with good cards on Amazons inventory all sold under the same product ASIN. I’ve been burned here before. If it’s not Ships and Sold by Amazon, then it’s no good.

I currently am testing an endurance run on the ReefPi stats system writing directly to disk and using SanDisk cards sourced from B&H and Samsung Evo Select cards from Amazon.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For curiosity, what card did you buy and from where? If it was Amazon, can you lookup the actual seller?

Sadly a huge number of fake or sub spec cards are mixed in with good cards on Amazons inventory all sold under the same product ASIN. I’ve been burned here before. If it’s not Ships and Sold by Amazon, then it’s no good.

I currently am testing an endurance run on the ReefPi stats system writing directly to disk and using SanDisk cards sourced from B&H and Samsung Evo Select cards from Amazon.

Agree there is a lot of counterfeit hardware being sold out there and SD cards are an easy one to do. I have lots of flavors of cards but the one I've had the most luck with are micro center branded cards that I pick up in store pretty cheap. I've had kingstons, sandisk and samsung cards go sideways. I'm not really sure how to find one that really is more reliable than others so i tend to keep a few on hand and back up the source files that I need to, reloading at least the lite version is pretty quick, and then just restore the software.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty savy in my buying but now that I think, the card may have been one I bought for my wife or another project several years ago. The Samsung Evo card was not in my recent history. Just a SanDisk one which I believe also cratered.

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • NO

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back