Pico Display Refugium Pod grow out - Set up questions

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this 4g IM AIO that I had to tear down at work. My fuge on my DT is not too big and I thought I would set this up as a separate pod growing tank, and put some additional Chaeto, Dragon's breath and some mangroves that I bought, well just because in it. It has live sand and rock rubble. I have nothing in the back (filtration wise) and just a heater and stock pump on low.

I have a few questions:

IMG_2078.JPG
  1. I've ordered some pods and phyto from @AlgaeBarn , wondering if, like culturing them, I should keep the water 'green' or would would interfere with the growth of macro & mangroves?
  2. Should I put anything live in it other than the pods (inverts)? Will the waste from the pods be enough nutrient to feed the plant life?
  3. I'm using an AI Prime over it (Overkill I know, but it's what I have)Are settings ok? How many hours should I run the lights. (It's very close to my DT)? I was thinking of just running it daytime, same hours as DT so as not to disrupt that light cycle, which is reverse with its fuge.
screenie.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO. Just keep doing what you're doing and have listed

As far as the green water goes. No.
Just use flake food. Esp if it Contains spirulina.

And yes. You might been some snails. Personally I'd go with stomatella if you have them. Less likely to eat the purchased macros and they'd look totally cool in there

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back