Pico lighting: Something solid that won't break the bank

Runnin'Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Just recently got a little square pico for free and made a lid for it that can have a light clipped onto it. I am looking for some of the best pico lighting options that aren't too crazy. My options currently are...
1. Noopsyche K7
2. Kessil A80
3. Fluval Marine Nano
4. Nicrew 30w

I think I am liking the noopsyche best right now for it's price and capabilities. I have another noopsyche right now for my biocube, and it is working great. I've heard the nicrew is good too for the price but has less capabilities. I don't love the kessil since it's only blues, but I know it's a good light. There was one other I read about that had farm in the name, but I can't remember it. Let me know what you think is best or let me know of options I am unaware of! Thanks!

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all! Just recently got a little square pico for free and made a lid for it that can have a light clipped onto it. I am looking for some of the best pico lighting options that aren't too crazy. My options currently are...
1. Noopsyche K7
2. Kessil A80
3. Fluval Marine Nano
4. Nicrew 30w

I think I am liking the noopsyche best right now for it's price and capabilities. I have another noopsyche right now for my biocube, and it is working great. I've heard the nicrew is good too for the price but has less capabilities. I don't love the kessil since it's only blues, but I know it's a good light. There was one other I read about that had farm in the name, but I can't remember it. Let me know what you think is best or let me know of options I am unaware of! Thanks!
The Kessil tuna blue can go all white to all blue and anywhere in between. That’s what tuna blue stands for, tunable blue :winking-face:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back