View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased i lifegard aquatics 4.14g last week
Items used:

*CaribSea Ocean Direct Caribbean Live Aquarium Sand
*CaribSea Life rock (dry rock)
*1lbs of live rock (life rock is not enough)
*Carbon balls that included in the aquarium package
*sipora
*filter floss
*sicce micra plus 158gph(upgrad from stock lifegard 108pgh)
*25w water heater
*Dr tims one and only
*AI prime 16hd (i know, i know its to much)

set-it up February 12
Test the water yesterday via API marine
Results:
Ammonia: 0.50
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: between 0ppm to 5.0ppm

5C88010F-0749-4112-BD7D-833417C51D7E.jpeg

OP
OP
Bahura-Living

Bahura-Living

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did another water test Api and salifert
Ammonia: 0.50
Nitrate API: between 0 and 5.0
Salifert: looks like 10 to me so about 1ppm

what should be my the reading for me to know if its safe to put fish in my tank. Could be a lil tricky since its a pico tank.

8863D525-824A-4DA0-80B4-98AF8B79F7DA.jpeg 30CF3D0A-B24A-4085-847F-2F5600AD5D20.jpeg

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows that overflow handling the added flow from the pump? read others that it couldn't handle the added flow of some pumps.

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows that overflow handling the added flow from the pump? read others that it couldn't handle the added flow of some pumps.
I have the stock pump on here (quiet one 200). I have the 400 too, just haven’t needed to install it yet. So far, so good with the overflow. During maintenance, it is important to scrub the overflow teeth with a toothbrush to break up anything that’s trying to grow. Since I top off manually daily, I have noticed that the water level can fluctuate in the display if this is not done.

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the stock pump on here (quiet one 200). I have the 400 too, just haven’t needed to install it yet. So far, so good with the overflow. During maintenance, it is important to scrub the overflow teeth with a toothbrush to break up anything that’s trying to grow. Since I top off manually daily, I have noticed that the water level can fluctuate in the display if this is not done.
Hey, sorry there. I thought you were talking to me. I get this thread and mine confused. :p

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no worries I am just trying to get all my ideas on paper so If i need to replace something I know exactly what I want to get.
I should have quoted jasonsantos18.

OP
OP
Bahura-Living

Bahura-Living

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no worries I am just trying to get all my ideas on paper so If i need to replace something I know exactly what I want to get.
I should have quoted jasonsantos18.
There's a lil bit build up from the display but looks fine with me. Ill post picture later when I get home. but so far everything works for now. just added 3 hermit earlier and I'm 11 days in. but might take a while before I add fish. I ordered copepods from a guy who cultured them hopefully they arrive early next week

OP
OP
Bahura-Living

Bahura-Living

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everyone having a great day.
couple of updates on my 4.14g Lifegard
-My Kraken Reef Lid came last week and im happy with the product. I have 10% coupon if anyone with 4.14g Lifegard(only) wants a lid on their tank just pm me.
-added Copepods & Live Reef Food today hope they populate pretty good. I’ll also definitely gonna recommend Fish Dude for copepods very nice guy. Took him awhile to send the pods because fedex right now is a mess but when he sends my package out supposed to be 2days shipping but came next day shipping.
Tank still cycling with the parameters of
API
Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrate: hard to tell but between 5-10ppm

will check again later this week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 70

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good you're almost there with the cycle. I was looking at the Kraken lids as well to keep snails in. I don't plan on any fish in this tank at all.

OP
OP
Bahura-Living

Bahura-Living

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a couple of questions

i do want to switch my water to Red Sea Blue bucke with the reason i want to put somekind of digitata in future.

* whas the right way to do it? (I’ll be getting my ro/di at my LFS, that is monitoring his water very closely)
* how can i maintain my parameters right?
*how soon i should do it? Since i know sps corals wants the right elements on the tank.
*and is it also advisable with a tank small like this?

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt mix are you using right now? Do you have coral in your tank right now? If you do change salt just slowly change it over time every time when you do your water changes. Right now I am changing out 2 gallons every week but I am still cycling. Once I get everything set I think that I can get away with 1 gallon water changes weekly. Currently using IO and that is what I used in my old 40g breeder (wish I still had that tank). If I can keep from it I don't want to dose but if I get to a point with SPS that I need to I have no choice. I am also looking at changing salts to get to the parameters that I want I am looking at Fritz or the Red Sea Blue bucket as well. I can get Aquaforrest locally, however, the cost is high but then it will last a while and I don't have to pay for shipping. Still researching which one I want to use. Hope that helps.
I suggest finding a salt that meets the parameters that you want at the salinity you want and go from there.
These are the two I was looking at: at the parameters at 1.026 specific gravity
Instant Ocean
Alk 10.68
Ca. 409
Mg 1313

Red Sea Blue bucket
Alk 8.27
Ca. 426
Mg. 1289

Fritz RPM
Alk 8.73
Ca. 435