pico reef lighting

  • Thread starter Thread starter dan987
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dan987

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2015
Messages
95
Reaction score
16
Location
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to put a couple hardy corals in my 2.5g pico. Anyone know a light that won't cost me an arm and a leg. I won't require the normal intensity. It's only a few inches deep. Thanks.
IMG_20150506_164110638_HDR.jpg
 
Bump!
 
15W (100W equivalent) LED PAR 38 floodlight
1200 lumens at 5000k

It's waterproof, and my plants get away with a lot less. (I also keep carnivorous plants). Probably gonna add a couple blue accent LEDs.

What do you think?

IMG_20150510_114454303.jpg
 
Par 30 on gooseneck. You need a bulb designed for a reef though.
 
Bump. Still looking for some feedback. Is this useless? Is there an option for reef lighting that won't cost $100+?
 
spend the extra 100$ and get an AI prime be the best thing you ever bought for that tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new