What's the smallest tank you've ever setup?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
535
Reaction score
493
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally have set up a couple different Pico tanks in my experience with keeping aquariums. The smallest being a 1 gallon all in one set up that mainly had Zoanthids, a few mushrooms, and a single sexy shrimp. I upgraded it to a 3 gallon after a couple of years, and then a 5 gallon which it currently sits at with a white cap goby, and a green banded goby. I've seen people do setups as small as a 1/4 gallon but this was mainly as a temporary display, and it had me curious. What is the smallest setup you have ever done, how long did you have it setup for, and attach pictures if you have any please!



AR (21).png

AR (19).png
 
The smallest I set up were these two (2) slant-nose 7 gallon all-in-ones. Basically run with filter floss.
1786424701385.jpeg
1786424761807.jpeg
 
The first tank I ever built, to wrap my head around the glass cutting, and assembly process… 6”x2”x2”, 8oz fluid capacity!

IMG_6434.jpeg
IMG_6436.jpeg


Then, the first semi-practical tank I ever built, 4G capacity rimless prism, with a monolithic glass AIO divider… AKA The Ugly Duckling:

IMG_6635.jpeg
IMG_6696.jpeg
20250520_075729_HDR.jpeg

This tank is still up and running at my LFS to this day!
 
The first tank I ever built, to wrap my head around the glass cutting, and assembly process… 6”x2”x2”, 8oz fluid capacity!

IMG_6434.jpeg
IMG_6436.jpeg


Then, the first semi-practical tank I ever built, 4G capacity rimless prism, with a monolithic glass AIO divider… AKA The Ugly Duckling:

IMG_6635.jpeg
IMG_6696.jpeg
20250520_075729_HDR.jpeg

This tank is still up and running at my LFS to this day!
Nice build, I'm always a fan of triangle tanks.
 
The smallest saltwater tank I've had was a 20 long. But I have a 3 gallon AIO I am serious thinking about putting dwarf seahorse in.
Nice if you do you should totally post pictures. For my Pico tanks I had a small auto top off in the form of a upside down water bottle which helped alot with salinity stability. The hardest part with Pico tanks is trying to keep parameters stable since there is very little room for error.
 
30-40oz small in one pico by PNW! We mostly had it be an invert-only tank. Fun tank with very few issues!
 
I personally have set up a couple different Pico tanks in my experience with keeping aquariums. The smallest being a 1 gallon all in one set up that mainly had Zoanthids, a few mushrooms, and a single sexy shrimp. I upgraded it to a 3 gallon after a couple of years, and then a 5 gallon which it currently sits at with a white cap goby, and a green banded goby. I've seen people do setups as small as a 1/4 gallon but this was mainly as a temporary display, and it had me curious. What is the smallest setup you have ever done, how long did you have it setup for, and attach pictures if you have any please!



AR (21).png

AR (19).png
I have a 3 gallon with a mandarin in it currently. Thankfully the fish eats frozen mysis and doesnt need much space.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new