Pico Reef Newbie!

Hey nice to meet you. Agreed that setup will work, pick the frags at lfs $10-20$ apiece they’ll all likely work
All the stores are in lockdown now, is there a good online site that ships? Seems there are a zillion links on this site??
 
fishwelcome.jpeg



@brandon429 has an 8 (or is it 10) year old pico with no CUC or fish, and some nice corals that we would expect in a big sps set up. He rip-cleans his Pico, including a complete sand bed rinse. I tagged him he so he can link some info on his pico.

There are other pico folks in the nano forum
awesome! Thank you
 
Hi Reefers! Newbie here I’m a longtime freshwater enthusiast and looking to start my first Pico reef in a heated Fluval Spec 2.6 gallon for my home office. starting with live sand and nitri-seawater Couple of questions / thoughts?
I will add kessil a80 light and maybe a small hydor nano power head
I expect 100% weekly or Bi-Weekly water changes.
I realize this is too small for any fish but would like a starter set of corals and a clean up crew?
i have been reading up a bunch, watching vids on YouTube but I’m at info overload and have analysis paralysis. A woman on here with a desk vase reef Natalie??! Was amazing
Welcome to R2R.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new