Pico reef stocking suggestions?

Eli-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a new Fluval Evo 5 gal pico reef tank. I have an existing 13.5 that has been running for a year and is doing well.
The goal for the pico is to focus on coral and inverts, open to anything that will do well in a pico and/or that will help the ecosystem thrive. Looking for all reef-safe of course, and a suitable small fish. It will have a sand bottom as well.
Will be adding an ATO, and would also like to hear any input on (affordable-ish) upgrades for the lighting/ flow for the Fluval.

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the clown gobys, also since the tank has some length to it maybe a tailspot blenny? correct me if im wrong but I've seen them kept in fairly small systems

Upvote 0

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biota Upside down goby. Could also add a Links while you are at it. Both of these are small. The Links will sift the sand so usually visible. The Upside down goby will find a spot in the nooks and crannies of the rocks so will not be as visible. Both are very cool though and would do will in that size nano.

Upvote 0

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just made a series about getting started on picos on my channel ☺️ maybe check it out! I’ve done this about 3 times successfully now:

How to Pico Reef: The Complete Guide to 5 Gallons or Less

Upvote 1

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back