Pics from Snorkeling Grecian Rocks right off key largo in the Florida Keys

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came Back from Staying at the Reefhouse hotel in Key Largo Fla. Great Hotel With an actual Coral Farm Right on site that they are growing Caribbean Elkhorn and staghorn corals to put back in the ocean. Super cool but they only do tours on fri at 10 am at this location which are free you just have to sign up ahead of time(I didnt know this was even on site when i booked it and arrived fri at 6 pm. grrrrrrr!!!) This hotel also had a dive store (pirates cove) right on site with a marina right there. Enough on hotel which was great and would highly recommend.

We went out snorkeling on pretty rough day. Pirates Cove warned us that it was rough and would have to be really super good swimmer to go out. We were one of only 2 boats that went out and it was rough. My wife daughter and her friend all got see sick as well as half the boat. I didnt but i have been boating here in Michigan on the great lakes which get really rough alot so im pretty used to it. So we ended up going to grecian rocks which they said was the only place we could go out on a day like this cuz it had better protection from the wave because it get super shallow. And it does. It is literally like 6 inches deep at some points. Anyways heres some pics from our trip. Water was super rough so sand was stirred up and visibiltiy wasnt great Also not sure why the date of my gopro was saying that. THink i forgot to set date when i took on trip.
big yellow coral patch.JPG

blue tang 2.JPG
yellow polyp lps.JPG
urchin.JPG
trumpet fish.JPG
snapper 2.JPG
purple sea fan 2.JPG
red head parrot fish 2.JPG

big stony coral 3.JPG

More to come

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back