Pics of my zoas

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if i'll have enough time, but i'm going to try and post pics of all my zoas. Maybe 1 a day. We'll see if i got the time and determination to do it.

starting off w/ pic #1

these are yellow, and i got it as a single polyp, don't know the name, but yellow zoas are some of my favorite ones, so this places pretty high on my list.

yELLOW UNKNOWN.jpg

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to favor yellow zoas as well. I really want a wwc Illuminati as well, I really hope I am fast enough to snag one in the live sale this weekend.

OP
OP
roninmagik1

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2, next zoa.

These were traded to me as supersaiyans, another nice yellow looking zoa!!! They are sorta small, and hard to keep, alot of times they've looked unhappy, and i dip them in hydrogen peroxide or iodine, and they perk up again.

supers.jpg

OP
OP
roninmagik1

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 3, Zoa #3, since you mentioned it, is the Midas zoa. they were one of the ones i sought after really hard, and when i finally got them, i was not so impressed, compared to other brighter yellows, the midas are less...in your face. still a nice zoa though...

midaszoa.jpg

OP
OP
roninmagik1

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 4, well it's like 1am in the morning cuz i fell asleep on the sofa, so technically day5 but we'll call it day 4. =)

this i got from cornbred corals many years ago, tubbs blues. beautiful zoa, there is a nice glow that pictures don't exactly capture. I got it as one polyp and it took forever to grow out, they're doing pretty good now, in low flow and medium light. tubbsbluescrop.jpg

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tubbs blue are a special one. Mine are growing painfully slow as well. Can't wait for them tyo fill out

OP
OP
roninmagik1

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa #5 is Utter Chaos, when i first started collecting zoas, Utter Chaos was the zoa to get, i paid $35 for 1 polyp and that was a good deal! now they're alot more common, in no small part owing to the fact that they're really hardy zoas and have done well for me in practically all conditions. utter.jpg

OP
OP
roninmagik1

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa #6 - this is the Rainbow Incinerator, i got it as 1 polyp, and it hasn't died on me, but it has not grown or multiplied at all. It's very vibrant under regular lights or under blues.
incinerator2.jpg

OP
OP
roninmagik1

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa #7 is an unnamed zoa i got from the lfs, it's stunning though, just as nice as any named zoa i've seen! Its very bright, almost looks like a radioactive green! =) It's got some nuisance weed at the base of the frag, purple thin leaves, not sure what it is, but i've been unable to get rid of it completely. Anyone got any ideas, please let me know, i've tried the usual i do, dipping in hyrdogen peroxide, or dipping in iodine, and even individually pulling with tweezers, but they always grow back....

greensmall.jpg

OP
OP
roninmagik1

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#8 - Red Hornet Zoa: Small zoa, looks pretty cool, there are a bunch of different "hornet" zoas, and one of these days, i'll see about maybe getting them all.

redhornet.JPG

OP
OP
roninmagik1

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#10 - think these are Punk Rockers? i won them on a facebook auction. I didn't really appreciate them under whites, but under blues they look way cooler. On a side note, they remind me of Gatorade zoas, which i'm still looking for. Picture attached is under a mix of whites and blues, i mostly take pictures the way i usually keep the lighting in my tank.

punk rockers.jpg

OP
OP
roninmagik1

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty standard Ebay LED's, i'm sure you've seen them before, theyr'e black, square, and i think 120 watts or volts (something like that)? i'll take a picture. One day, i'd like to upgrade to better lights, but for right now, i'm trying to make the best of what i have and just give good individual care to the zoas, experimenting to find the sweet spot in different flow and lighting conditions. lightingpic.jpg

OP
OP
roninmagik1

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#11: these are old school, Mint Chocolate Chip Zoas. They're not popular, but i gotta say, they are nice. they stand out, and make good company with the more well known zoas like rastas and utter chaos. =) mintchoco.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back