What Zoa/Paly is this?

Reef Trak

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2024
Messages
251
Reaction score
214
Location
Rochester
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help identifying this zoa. I got some GSP 2 months ago and there was a tiny little nubbin of a zoa in it. It barely looked like one, smaller than a pencil eraser. I seperated it and put it on a rock near my other zoas. Now its one of the biggest in my tank and I have no idea what it is. I have looked through google and a ton of websites that sell zoas and none look just like this one. Its about the size of a dime. I am sorry about the bad pics but it is slightly turned away from the glass so I have to shoot at an angle through the glass which makes it extra blurry.

In case its tough to see in the pics. Its got a very orangish fluorescent face, the skirt is like 2 tiers one up one down and the mouth is fluorescent green. The closest it resembles, to me is maybe Fruity Pebbles or Black Widow.

Any help is appreciated!

DN2JJM07045_DN.jpg DN2JJM07049_DN.jpg DN2JJM07053_DN.jpg
 
It's a very nice purply one. The names are made up and you'll find there are a dozen names for every color variation imaginable.
 
Need some help identifying this zoa. I got some GSP 2 months ago and there was a tiny little nubbin of a zoa in it. It barely looked like one, smaller than a pencil eraser. I seperated it and put it on a rock near my other zoas. Now its one of the biggest in my tank and I have no idea what it is. I have looked through google and a ton of websites that sell zoas and none look just like this one. Its about the size of a dime. I am sorry about the bad pics but it is slightly turned away from the glass so I have to shoot at an angle through the glass which makes it extra blurry.

In case its tough to see in the pics. Its got a very orangish fluorescent face, the skirt is like 2 tiers one up one down and the mouth is fluorescent green. The closest it resembles, to me is maybe Fruity Pebbles or Black Widow.

Any help is appreciated!

DN2JJM07045_DN.jpg DN2JJM07049_DN.jpg DN2JJM07053_DN.jpg
Please post pics under white light intensity and of top for clear i.d.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new