Pics of Reefbreeders Cree Value fixture over 120 gal display

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Led fixtures are really coming down in prices. I probably should start looking around. Question: I notice there is an optional aquarium controller dimming...what is that for? I thought the fixture is dimmable by itself. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Led fixtures are really coming down in prices. I probably should start looking around. Question: I notice there is an optional aquarium controller dimming...what is that for? I thought the fixture is dimmable by itself. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
The dimming upgrade replaces the current drivers with meanwells, which accept 0-10v analog dimming, say from an apex or reef keeper.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dimming upgrade replaces the current drivers with meanwells, which accept 0-10v analog dimming, say from an apex or reef keeper.

So does this light dim by itself or do i need the upgrade? Is it necessary to have an aquarium controller to control this feature like an apex or reef keeper?? I guess i never realized that most of the LED fixtures need some kind of controller to dim.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So does this light dim by itself or do i need the upgrade? Is it necessary to have an aquarium controller to control this feature like an apex or reef keeper?? I guess i never realized that most of the LED fixtures need some kind of controller to dim.
Without the upgrade, you can dim it with the knobs on top. With the upgrade, you will need a controller to turn the lights on, and dim them. It is well worth it with an apex, reefkeeper, or profilux, as you can do sunrise, sunset, clouds, storms, and the list goes on.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without the upgrade, you can dim it with the knobs on top. With the upgrade, you will need a controller to turn the lights on, and dim them. It is well worth it with an apex, reefkeeper, or profilux, as you can do sunrise, sunset, clouds, storms, and the list goes on.

Gotcha...Manual verus Automated

OP
OP
N

Ninjapotamus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is cropped about 6 inches on each side in the photo. Couldn't fit the whole thing with my macro lens on.

also as an update... my tank is doing great under these lights. I started them off 100% power(probably stupid I know....) but I have had no negative effects at all. Several things are actually doing much better(clam and some sandbed LPS). I will try and get another pic.

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back