Pics of Reefbreeders Cree Value fixture over 120 gal display

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ninjapotamus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had these since Thursday. Replaced my 3x250 watt fixture. Really liking them so far. Here is 14k look(full/full), 20k look(full, 75% whites), and full blue.

DSC01613.jpg

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01683.jpg

Overall they are an amazing fixture for the price(270$ each shipped). The build quality is very good. Each fixture is HEAVY, the heatsink is very significant and has 3 quiet fans. Highly recommend them! Cords are a bit short however, but that was an easy fix. Other minor problem with the fixture is the red LED's are not spread evenly and are a bit clumped. I had to add a little bit of clear tape onto the reflector to make them spread more. Corals handled the transition without any stress at all so far.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That is very cool.
I am really leaning towards a all led light system and pictures like this is making a good case for them.

BTW, sweet looking tank pic.

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice I am looking at switching three systems over to leds but i like my t5's and halides and with so many options now coming out it is going to be hard I know for sure the new razor and the other two i dont know I think a radion if it comes out with mac interface and the third is up for grabs, so lets see what you got.

OP
OP
N

Ninjapotamus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really didn't care about all the bells and whistles of dimming via controller/etc. not to mention a single radion will run you 750$ for 120w of led light. Manual dimmers is all I need and a good quality light. This one seems to fit the bill and at an amazing price of 270$ . not for everyone, but this was definately the value fixture that caught my eye out of all of the sponsor LED offerings on this site. cree led's, manual dimmers, great heatsink/fans, nice looking design etc. very happy customer

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice I am looking at switching three systems over to leds but i like my t5's and halides and with so many options now coming out it is going to be hard I know for sure the new razor and the other two i dont know I think a radion if it comes out with mac interface and the third is up for grabs, so lets see what you got.
Wait until you see the SuperNova before you make a choice
:jaw:

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting these. Do you mind putting a few pics up of fixture over the tank? How short is the power cord? (6ft at least?)

How is the light spill in the room?

Sorry for all the questions, I am about to pull the trigger on this fixture myself, and just want to be sure. ;)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had these since Thursday. Replaced my 3x250 watt fixture. Really liking them so far. Here is 14k look(full/full), 20k look(full, 75% whites), and full blue.

DSC01613.jpg

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01683.jpg

Overall they are an amazing fixture for the price(270$ each shipped). The build quality is very good. Each fixture is HEAVY, the heatsink is very significant and has 3 quiet fans. Highly recommend them! Cords are a bit short however, but that was an easy fix. Other minor problem with the fixture is the red LED's are not spread evenly and are a bit clumped. I had to add a little bit of clear tape onto the reflector to make them spread more. Corals handled the transition without any stress at all so far.
Your tank looks great! Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
N

Ninjapotamus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically zero light spill. The carpet in front of the tank has absolutely ZERO light hitting it. The light in the back is reflection from the glass top. Cords are 5 or 6 feet in length. Definitely not the longest... I had to get an extension cord for both since my plugin area is a bit farther away.

Thanks for posting these. Do you mind putting a few pics up of fixture over the tank? How short is the power cord? (6ft at least?)

How is the light spill in the room?

Sorry for all the questions, I am about to pull the trigger on this fixture myself, and just want to be sure. ;)

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohhhhh, I like these. I just emailed them with some questions, hopefully will hear something back soon.

those prices aren't much more than what we would spend doing a DIY kit.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I miss how many watts each these are? And I'm wondering the dim's of your tank? To me it doesn't look like a std120g?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I miss how many watts each these are? And I'm wondering the dim's of your tank? To me it doesn't look like a std120g?

88 watts each, the op will hopefully chime in with the tank dimensions.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, I was actually wondering how many are needed for a 4'x 2' x 2' tank?
2 would do quite well for an sps dominant system, and of course, clams. Start them out at about 20 percent, then go up 5 percent a week as with most led fixtures.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, my T5 bulbs are getting older maybe it is time to start thinking about upgrading. How high above the water do you recommend mounting them?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 43 71.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back