pictures in LED royal blue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GR808
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GR808

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2010
Messages
960
Reaction score
6
Location
sitting in front of my tank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to take pictures of my corals with my LED royal blues only on and it comes out very purple. Do I need a filter for my camera? It's just a NIkon P100 point and shoot. I see the same results with my camera phone so am wondering if it's just my leds as well?
:doubt:
 
I think most people are using DSLRs to shoot the pics. The sensors in the Point and Shoots are not good enough. I'm no expert though.
 
Is it an overall increased purple or jsut an area with some purple in it? Later would be purple fringing artefact that sometimes appears in some shots and is happens more or less with different lenses.
 
No expert at all here and don't have leds...but what I did with my camera was put it in manual white balance mode(where the user tells the camera what white is supposed to be), pointed the camera at a light blue object(in my case a light blue rubbermaid tub), and had the camera set to that. The reds are abit more harsh after doing it but the overall white balance was much better in my case. Might be worth a shot if your camera has the function. GL!
 
My point and shoot has the capabilities to take pics in RAW mode. You can then use photo editing tools to correct the white balance. I have seen the blue overkill in pictures many times and it is very easy to fix when using RAW.
 
yeah, I'm saving up for an SLR but I'll never get there if I keep buying coral!!! lol

i had the same problem.. so i just put it on my Bestbuy Credit Card.. 18 months no interest baby...
 
I'll see if I can adjust my white balance mode. Not too sure if I have a RAW mode though.
I'm kinda shopping around as well for an slr with about 18megapixel.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new