pictures in LED royal blue?

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to take pictures of my corals with my LED royal blues only on and it comes out very purple. Do I need a filter for my camera? It's just a NIkon P100 point and shoot. I see the same results with my camera phone so am wondering if it's just my leds as well?
:doubt:

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think most people are using DSLRs to shoot the pics. The sensors in the Point and Shoots are not good enough. I'm no expert though.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it an overall increased purple or jsut an area with some purple in it? Later would be purple fringing artefact that sometimes appears in some shots and is happens more or less with different lenses.

Bugg_zy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No expert at all here and don't have leds...but what I did with my camera was put it in manual white balance mode(where the user tells the camera what white is supposed to be), pointed the camera at a light blue object(in my case a light blue rubbermaid tub), and had the camera set to that. The reds are abit more harsh after doing it but the overall white balance was much better in my case. Might be worth a shot if your camera has the function. GL!

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My point and shoot has the capabilities to take pics in RAW mode. You can then use photo editing tools to correct the white balance. I have seen the blue overkill in pictures many times and it is very easy to fix when using RAW.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, I'm saving up for an SLR but I'll never get there if I keep buying coral!!! lol

i had the same problem.. so i just put it on my Bestbuy Credit Card.. 18 months no interest baby...

OP
OP
GR808

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll see if I can adjust my white balance mode. Not too sure if I have a RAW mode though.
I'm kinda shopping around as well for an slr with about 18megapixel.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back