Pink Diamond Zoa helps

bogy15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Brand new here but wanted to ask if anyone has seen this issue with pink diamond zoas. I have had great luck with zoas in the past with a ton of growth but these just seem faded and small. I am unsure if they are permanently bleached or what to do. The colony was only 3 heads when I got it so it’s growing, just doesn’t have the same pop. Thanks for your help all!

52CB4954-D5B6-493D-AA8D-3AF91D4B5D01.jpeg

R0L0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Brand new here but wanted to ask if anyone has seen this issue with pink diamond zoas. I have had great luck with zoas in the past with a ton of growth but these just seem faded and small. I am unsure if they are permanently bleached or what to do. The colony was only 3 heads when I got it so it’s growing, just doesn’t have the same pop. Thanks for your help all!

52CB4954-D5B6-493D-AA8D-3AF91D4B5D01.jpeg
What are your water parameters and how much flow is going to them

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate and Ammonia 0. Ph 7.1 nitrite 0
Your nitrates being 0 and PH being 7.1 is concerning. What test kits are you using? What is you alkalinity and is it stable? Phosphates? Zoas like some nutrients in the water. Also, what kind of lighting do you have? The zoas look like they’re probably getting enough light, but they’re likely not as colorful as they could be with more intense/better spectrum lighting.

OP
OP
B

bogy15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nitrates being 0 and PH being 7.1 is concerning. What test kits are you using? What is you alkalinity and is it stable? Phosphates? Zoas like some nutrients in the water. Also, what kind of lighting do you have? The zoas look like they’re probably getting enough light, but they’re likely not as colorful as they could be with more intense/better spectrum lighting.
It’s a biocube LED stock lighting. And I use the API test kit

OP
OP
B

bogy15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a biocube LED stock lighting. And I use the API test kit
Wasn’t sure if it’s a loss cause due to lighting or bad water or a mix of the bunch. It was pricy and was hoping to get color back

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back