Pink Hiatin Anemone Problem

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brittany8808, Glad you came here and posted your question. Thank you for asking for help, and continue to do so if you do not know something or have a question. There are plenty of members here who love helping new members learn as much as possible to care for these amazing creatures.
Please try to ignore the rude / negative people and continue to ask your questions.

OP
OP
B

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brittany8808, Glad you came here and posted your question. Thank you for asking for help, and continue to do so if you do not know something or have a question. There are plenty of members here who love helping new members learn as much as possible to care for these amazing creatures.
Please try to ignore the rude / negative people and continue to ask your questions.
I most certainly will do thank you to all the kind and caring people that have gone out of there way and didn't judge me or say anything rude and stuck around to help me I gladly appreciate it, this is by far the best site for advice and help with alot of kind caring people will to help out.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I most certainly will do thank you to all the kind and caring people that have gone out of there way and didn't judge me or say anything rude and stuck around to help me I gladly appreciate it, this is by far the best site for advice and help with alot of kind caring people will to help out.
Anytime :) happy to help.

OP
OP
B

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I gladly appreciate your time in helping me and effort
@Hemmdog my nem loved sleeping in the dark I came home and she was all bunched in a ball it scared me at first but once my lights came on she started coming out.

20190827_081307.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I gladly appreciate your time in helping me and effort
She loved it with the lights off she actually like curled inside took her awhile to come out her tentacles all deflated that is so weird looks like there dying this is how she was when I came home will be feeding them soon but only a little bit like you said

20190827_081307.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Got A Serious Question I Had My Lights Off All Night To My Saltwater Tank And On Top Of My Live Rock It Looked Like My Shrimp Was Dead But He Is Under The Rock Still Alive And On The Top Of My Live Rock It Looks Like My Shrimp And Its See Threw What Is That Should I Pull It Out.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Got A Serious Question I Had My Lights Off All Night To My Saltwater Tank And On Top Of My Live Rock It Looked Like My Shrimp Was Dead But He Is Under The Rock Still Alive And On The Top Of My Live Rock It Looks Like My Shrimp And Its See Threw What Is That Should I Pull It Out.
Shrimp molted, nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
B

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I Didn't Know They Shed.
I better get that out of there and I have a 14g bio cube and I'm putting in a whole bottle of one and only live notifying bacteria do I have to remove the pad that catches all the dirt and stuff before putting it in and do I have to turn off all the lights.

OP
OP
B

Brittany8808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned Nem meant no hermits. I’ve never heard that before. Nems should be fine with all crab. Carpet Nems will eat crab, but yours should be fine.
Okay thank you cause I'm getting brown all over the bottom of my sand I need snails and stuff to clean it up.

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you cause I'm getting brown all over the bottom of my sand I need snails and stuff to clean it up.
Snails really wont help with this too much. Probably need to just vacuum your sand bed. With a new tank like this, you are going to go through some new tank uglies. Brown on the sand is normally diatoms. It will go away in time.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing you need more light and flow, and hopefully it will find a happy spot

I know-it is a still image, but it looks like no water movement based on tentacle orientation

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Does that mean she is dying
Just needs some R2R perking up. Reduce the whites slightly and increase blue, a slight water change and check ammonia and nitrate levels and feed only a couple of pieces of food 2X per week.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back