Pink Hiatin Anemone Problem

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be blunt you clearly have no idea what you're doing.

Theres 1 hermit crab painted shell in the tank, and who knows if theres anymore.

The sand you're using looks like the completely wrong.

I feel bad for that 1 fish and you're anemone. Please do some research before getting into this hobby, these are living animals not toys. From what I see I can imagine the suffering these animals are enduring.
This is not the type of post that is helpful in any way. People have already brought up the things you pointed out. Unless you have some sort of help or suggestions to offer it is not necessary to bash a member who is in need. I have seen several not so friendly posts like this lately. This is not R2R like, or in the spirit of what the greatest reefing platform in the world should contain. Comments like this are seen on other forums and drive people away, which is not what we want here at R2R. We are so much better than that! Thank you and now back to your regularly scheduled programming! :)

Derek siskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been reading this post and if there wasn’t any rock in the tank besides this one that was gotten with the anemone then would the tank still be cycled because there wasn’t anywhere for the bacteria to establish except for the sand? Or is the one live rock enough to help the tank continue to cycle?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been reading this post and if there wasn’t any rock in the tank besides this one that was gotten with the anemone then would the tank still be cycled because there wasn’t anywhere for the bacteria to establish except for the sand? Or is the one live rock enough to help the tank continue to cycle?
Good point. Live sand and lr added at the same time have a lot of bacteria. Also this rock was in a holding tank with Nems and fish. The rock was cycled. Also the the rock was not exposed to air because of the nem or at least not longer than putting in bag and into the tank. Die off would be very minimal.

I added pieces of my lr to a buddies tank and added fish the next day. No cycle whatsoever ever.

You make a very good point. I would recommend an alert badge by seachem just to be safe. Well made point @Derek siskey

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm hoping her live rock was large enough to prevent that.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm updating this pic for @Brittany8808 just before lights out
15664272000877502154504883557844.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im not. Who in their right mind puts a painted hermit crab shell in a saltwater aquarium then thinks its a great idea to buy an anemone. The sand literally looks like walmart sand
Some people don't know and get poor info for maintaining even a freshwater tank. Our mission statement with R2R is to help others- Not criticize them. how about offering some sound and respectful advice rather than insult?
I hope youre not married- you'd make a heck of a lousy husband!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back