Pink/Orange Skunk Clownfish

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How aggressive are these guys? I'm re-homing my ocellaris pair due to extreme aggression towards the other fish, and I do want a pair of clownfish for the symbiotic relationship with an anemone.
Would the skunks be a better or worse choice for aggression?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How aggressive are these guys? I'm re-homing my ocellaris pair due to extreme aggression towards the other fish, and I do want a pair of clownfish for the symbiotic relationship with an anemone.
Would the skunks be a better or worse choice for aggression?
I think all clowns are known for aggression. Mine got remarkably worse once paired with a nem.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank? My ocellaris pair bother no one. The only time I have issues with clown aggression (not counting maroons) has been in smaller tanks.
My black and whites own 1/3 of my 90g and I can't put my hands in the tank without being attacked. Didn't start until they were hosted by an anemone though

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, orange skunk clowns are the most social, both in terms of a harem and with other species of fish, including other clowns. My pair of orange skunks have no problem sharing the tank's anemones with ocellaris or pink skunks.
My pair of pink skunks will not share any of the anemones in their tank with any other species of clowns or damsels. They do not bother any of the other fish in the tank, unless they get too close to their eggs.
My Ocellaris pair will not tolerate any other clownfish in or around their anemone. They leave all other fish alone, unless they get too close to their eggs.
By far, orange skunks are the best for harem situations and for getting along with other fish species. Orange skunks will also host with just about every hosting anemone out there. Mine have easily and quickly made sebae malu, sebae crispa, LTA, carpets, BTA, and Magnifica their homes.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My black and whites own 1/3 of my 90g and I can't put my hands in the tank without being attacked. Didn't start until they were hosted by an anemone though

Interesting. Mine never venture away from their favorite nem. I have 2 damsels and a yellow tail chromis in the tank also and zero aggression between any fish. Maybe I'm just lucky.
PXL_20240315_150221285.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back