pink spotted watchman goby Randall shrimp?

salty joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Randall shrimp and am wondering if a watchman goby would most likely eat them. I know watchman gobies will live with tiger pistol shrimp but not sure about Randall's shrimp. @Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Randall shrimp and am wondering if a watchman goby would most likely eat them. I know watchman gobies will live with tiger pistol shrimp but not sure about Randall's shrimp. @Jay Hemdal

Sorry - I don't know. That shrimp usually pairs with the Orange stripe prawn goby, I don't know if they will cohabitate with other gobies. Size has some bearing on this - if the shrimp are small, I would be leery about trying that.

Jay

OP
OP
S

salty joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Jay, they are small. I've had them awhile and like them a lot. Not gonna risk it.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alpheus bellulus is reportedly their preferred shrimp, but people have paired them with A. randalli before too (A. randalli is highly versatile in its pairings; it has been shown to pair with Amblyeleotris spp., Stonogobiops spp., Tomiyamichtys spp., and Cryptocentrus spp. that I've found) - the size difference at pairing is probably a concern, though, so if you try it, I'd suggest a small goby with full-grown shrimp to try and play it safe.

Sources for some of the different pairings:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back