Pinocchio's ProStar 90 Build

johnmichaeloni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I also have the ProStar 90 set up. The main tank set up is 2x AI Prime 16HD, 2x AI Nero 3’s. 3 inches of sand for the bed. Around 50-60 pounds of rocks, Live Stock is 2 clowns, blue tang (getting re-homed when it gets too big for the tank), Tomini Tang, Lawnmower Blenny, Canary Blenny Mandarin Dragonet, purple fire fish, sharknose goby, cleaner shrimp, coral bandit shrimp, and handful of red/blue leg hermit crabs, urchin and a emerald crab. A good amount of coral as well. As for the sump, I swapped out the original with my own 29 gallon tank and Fiji cube Refugium baffle kit. I have a HOB Reef Octopus 100 protein skimmer, Aquamaxx Sigma 2 reactor as well. A bunch of pods and Chaeto in the refugium chamber with bio-media blocks for the bedding. As for the return pump I use a Orlushy-DC 12000 (use it on the low setting or else water is shooting all over the place)

johnmichaeloni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I also want to do that but how do I get the original sump out and install the new one?
Since there is a support I. The middles of the cabinet that interferes with the sumps
How did you do it?

jesus6645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the setup! How does your protein skimmer do? I ran mine for a little but it only worked well if I didn't run filter socks. I have a bunch of gear on the left side and thought about doing an ato on the outside. Seeing this I think I want to move my gear, change the sump for a custom 20 gal, and add the home depot bucket ato. Jesus6645 can you show us your setup with the custom sump?
Been M.I.A but yeah, here’s a picture of it back in May.

jesus6645

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2722.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since my last update, but in that time I’ve added a clean up crew (snails/hermits crabs/emerald and ruby crab) as well as 2 clown fish. Ordered my CUC from reefcleaners and I couldn’t be happier. If you do order from them, some of their snails are TINY so don’t be alarmed by how many they suggest you get. I ordered a size that was way smaller than my actual tank because I thought there would have been too many, but after getting the shipment wished I had got what they recommended.

I also have my rocks configured they way I think I want them. I haven’t glued them or anything yet in case I change my mind, but I'm not sure I even want to glue them.

95452540-21C6-4F89-A92B-0B08A2DAEF2D.jpeg
2F10BCCE-ED6A-4408-9A90-DD179B657C5B.jpeg
Tank is looking great!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.8%
Back