Pintail fairy Wrasse lifespan

150 Gallon Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in purchasing a female pintail wrasse from a local reefer this weekend. It has been in his system for 2 years now and is obviously very healthy. Question, is it worth getting a fish that has been in a system for 2 years already or has it already had a significant chunk of its life spent and maybe not much longer to live? I'm not sure how long wrasses lifespans are in captivity which is why I ask. Thank you for your help

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am interested in purchasing a female pintail wrasse from a local reefer this weekend. It has been in his system for 2 years now and is obviously very healthy. Question, is it worth getting a fish that has been in a system for 2 years already or has it already had a significant chunk of its life spent and maybe not much longer to live? I'm not sure how long wrasses lifespans are in captivity which is why I ask. Thank you for your help
Cirrhilabrus wrasse lifespan is roughly 5-6 yrs from my understanding but its hard to pin down. I'll let Hunter @evolved chime in.

The question becomes how old was wrasse before the local reefer purchased it. If the wrasse is healthy and you will be putting it in a healthy system, I would enjoy it for as long as you can. Its a beautiful wrasse and even more so if it transitions for you to male. Good luck.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cirrhilabrus wrasse lifespan is roughly 5-6 yrs from my understanding but its hard to pin down. I'll let Hunter @evolved chime in.

The question becomes how old was wrasse before the local reefer purchased it. If the wrasse is healthy and you will be putting it in a healthy system, I would enjoy it for as long as you can. Its a beautiful wrasse and even more so if it transitions for you to male. Good luck.
I fully agree here. :)
If it was not yet full grown when they got it, you'd probably have a couple years left with the fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back