Pipe organ and hair algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter gparr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
20
Location
NW Chicago Suburbs
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rather large colony of pipe organ coral that has become infested with hair algae. Most frustrating in that it's the only place in the tank with algae. Anyone have any tricks for getting it out of the pipes?
Gary
 
Not sure but you might be able to get a small tube cleaning brush like those used to clean filter parts in there. Just use a really small one.
 
That is news to me, learn somthing new every day dont we, (I). I stand corrected.

Although I must say that is very counter intuitive.
Never had, or even wanted one, so never researched the species.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new