Pipe Organ Coral Dying?

JtheFishMan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2021
Messages
92
Reaction score
53
Location
Stone Mountain, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pipe organ coral was doing pretty good for about a month and a half, with many sprouts coming out every day. I have been feeding it live phytoplankton and doing weekly water changes, bi weekly water changes if I’m super busy on a specific weekends.

But recently, I have noticed like all of the tubes are somewhat merging and turning a pinkish color. There also seems to be a declining number of sprouts than in the past. Is it dying? Is there something I can do to fix it? Any recommendations are accepted. I attached pictures below.

F411FC64-AA52-412F-A481-71FDA8D4EBE9.jpeg 0E03C5A2-D22B-4A56-AD9B-17902FC27C3B.jpeg 0AF06B59-1BD2-4379-8CD4-3758126E47D0.jpeg F383BB3D-ED15-423F-9E53-962575B89B92.jpeg CEB1F311-C7B2-4BCD-B2C0-1993BDD36A8E.jpeg
 
Are you sure your pipe organ coral is turning pink? Could it be pink hydroids?
Yes, they seem to be changing from dark red to like an almost fluorescent pink. To be honest, I never heard to hydroids before you mentioned them. I looked them up, and I don’t think that is what they are on my coral.
 
Sponge. Not harmful. Beneficial.
Not in this case. Lol.
Should be easy to kill. Id prob pick it out with tweezers if it was me and i was wanting to just keep the coral and grow the coral as much as possible. Hths
Id say a light.tooth brush scrubbing but i would be worried about hurting the pipe.organ.
D
 
Sponge. Not harmful. Beneficial.
Not in this case. Lol.
Should be easy to kill. Id prob pick it out with tweezers if it was me and i was wanting to just keep the coral and grow the coral as much as possible. Hths
Id say a light.tooth brush scrubbing but i would be worried about hurting the pipe.organ.
D

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. I will try.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new