pipefish in 15gal AIO?

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I put 2 bluestriped pipefish in a 15 gal AIO? Two pipefish with a flaming prawn and starry goby? If not then what are some unique nano fish I could put in there? Looking for other things as well. Tiny cool inverts or small little fish, or even filter feeders! Chitons, slugs, crabs, snails, shrimp anything that is small and that you don't usually see in a nano! No matter what however I do wanna do a starry goby and if I can, and the pipefish ! I guess I want this to be somewhat natural?
#reefsquad @vetteguy53081 @AydenLincoln

Last edited:

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say no. A 15g aio is what, 16 inches on a side? The back half of a pipefish isn't flexible, and they mostly swim forwards, so their minimum turning radius is much bigger than an eel or a smaller fish. In that small of a tank, especially with rockwork that goes outside of the very center, would make it difficult for them to turn around in the corners, which I would expect to be stressful and make finding hiding spots difficult.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say no. A 15g aio is what, 16 inches on a side? The back half of a pipefish isn't flexible, and they mostly swim forwards, so their minimum turning radius is much bigger than an eel or a smaller fish. In that small of a tank, especially with rockwork that goes outside of the very center, would make it difficult for them to turn around in the corners, which I would expect to be stressful and make finding hiding spots difficult.
Interesting that sucks... is there anytype of pipefish that's small enough for that? Ive seen people put them in there and they are healthy.

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after checking, maybe I am wrong. If they really top out at 3", then there's probably enough space. I was under the impression they got ~5 inches long.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.8%
Back