Pipefish

  • Thread starter Thread starter I luv fish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Food. Lots and lots of food, both for the parents and the fry. I think the fry can be raised on rotifers and brine shrimp, but copepods are always preferable (more nutrition). To get higher egg quality, the parents should be fed a lot, preferably mysis and other high quality foods like fish/crustacean eggs, and if using brine shrimp, gut load'em. And with feeding a lot means doing more water changes as well.

I've heard that there's higher success using fish bowl/water jug kreisel tanks, as opposed to Big/Black Round Tubs and fish tanks. But I believe that's a matter of experimentation depending on the species.

But to answer your question: no not really, assuming the other fish aren't going to be pecking at the eggs on the male.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new