Pistol Shrimp Burying Clam

Zakary2003

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2023
Messages
602
Reaction score
288
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pistol shrimp decided to move his burrow (the big entrance is right under that chalice coral). I love the placement, but he did kinda bury my clam. Should I unbury the clam or will it shake the sand off on its own? The clam has been there for just over two months and usually has great mantle extension and has a good white growth line, so I don't want to move it.
70f51ff8-bf3b-405f-a2ea-db057cc43e9b.jpg
 
I can't tell if thats a crocea or maxima, but both should be on the rocks, higher up closer to the light. I would get it off the sand onto a rock, especially seeing its on its side. That will solve the problem of the shrimp burying it.
 
I can't tell if thats a crocea or maxima, but both should be on the rocks, higher up closer to the light. I would get it off the sand onto a rock, especially seeing its on its side. That will solve the problem of the shrimp burying it.
It's a Maxima, but it refuses to attach to anything so it is in the sand. It seems to be doing just fine at around 215 PAR. There is a clam hammock also buried underneath of it, but it has not attached.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new