pistol shrimp dead or molted?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stE26wy14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stE26wy14

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2024
Messages
7,186
Reaction score
4,303
Location
new jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found my new pistol shrimp today on the ground, not moving, but I found its claw and a scale thingy on the ground, the full body looked like it "touched its toe's" but the the back split open, I came back home around 1, and I could not find it, I looked everywhere but it was nowhere to be seen, the goby is guarding something, I checked and I couldn't see a burrow(my rock work broke for me to actually check, so im not be checking) but yeah, thoughts?
sorry, I dont have any pics
 
So I found my new pistol shrimp today on the ground, not moving, but I found its claw and a scale thingy on the ground, the full body looked like it "touched its toe's" but the the back split open, I came back home around 1, and I could not find it, I looked everywhere but it was nowhere to be seen, the goby is guarding something, I checked and I couldn't see a burrow(my rock work broke for me to actually check, so im not be checking) but yeah, thoughts?
sorry, I dont have any pics
Ive thought I lost my pistol before and then a month later heard it snapping away so I would wait and see. They are very reclusive and typically you wont see them, just hear them
 
Could be a molt. Best advice is don't disrupt the sand bed and rock work looking for it. You will know in a couple days for sure if it's a molt.
 
Ive thought I lost my pistol before and then a month later heard it snapping away so I would wait and see. They are very reclusive and typically you wont see them, just hear them
its lost its snapper, yesterday, idk how, but it was still alive
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new