Pistol Shrimp Help!

It's a smaller angle. I'm guessing he was hiding under the rock at night and the pistol cut him. He had a mark like he was cut. So I'm guessing he is the culprit. Nothing else in my tank could make that mark. Maybe he didn't but I hear the pistol all day and night popping his claw. I figured it had to be him.
 
It's a smaller angle. I'm guessing he was hiding under the rock at night and the pistol cut him. He had a mark like he was cut. So I'm guessing he is the culprit. Nothing else in my tank could make that mark. Maybe he didn't but I hear the pistol all day and night popping his claw. I figured it had to be him.


In all of my 6yrs keeping PS never have I witnessed outright aggression towards any fish. Unless the fish was trying to eat them.
 
There is nothing else in my tank that could do it. I watch him snip at everything that gets near his holes he has made. He moves all around my tank burrowing holes under the rock. But I have literally seen him go after everything in the tank that ventures close enough to him.
 
Tried a trap and I failed to catch it. So I ended up getting a candy cane goby to pair with him and he's calmed down quite a bit. Hopefully he remains that way and I don't have to strip my tank down catching him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new