Pistol shrimp in pocillopora

  • Thread starter Thread starter rugger
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rugger

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
95
Reaction score
16
Location
North Liberty Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B7C09FFE-1628-48AA-8478-DEB6AFFA86A7.jpeg
3855D72D-4070-450D-A8E7-455BBF285EF6.jpeg
784C8A38-F854-44E6-A83E-05AEE65C4EF4.jpeg
I found this in my pocillopora this morning. It’s definitely a pistol shrimp, when I dropped him in the fudge he snapped a few times. The pocillopora looks like crap and the other SPS corals seem ok. I wonder if he could be to blame?
 
They don't eat coral from what I understand but having something live in its branches could definitely irritate a coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new