Pistol shrimp killed??

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Got a Tiger pistol shrimp yesterday. Had him in the acclimation box then let him loose last night. He immediately dug a hole. This morning I woke up and saw one claw. Thought it was a molt. But as the day went on I carefully scanned the tank and finally found him a minute ago. Halloween crab was dining on him… the majority of my hermits in the tank are halloweens with a few red legs and blue legs here and there. Tank is currently fallow. Have an emerald crab, he never leaves his perch up high. Blood and skunk shrimp are chill, never leave their spots either. I found the halloween under a cave at the bottom eating the pistol… anyone think the halloweens killed him??? I dont have anything else in the tank that could have. Emerald is a baby and a chicken…

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey all. Got a Tiger pistol shrimp yesterday. Had him in the acclimation box then let him loose last night. He immediately dug a hole. This morning I woke up and saw one claw. Thought it was a molt. But as the day went on I carefully scanned the tank and finally found him a minute ago. Halloween crab was dining on him… the majority of my hermits in the tank are halloweens with a few red legs and blue legs here and there. Tank is currently fallow. Have an emerald crab, he never leaves his perch up high. Blood and skunk shrimp are chill, never leave their spots either. I found the halloween under a cave at the bottom eating the pistol… anyone think the halloweens killed him??? I dont have anything else in the tank that could have. Emerald is a baby and a chicken…
How big was the tiger? I think they aren't likely to be a meal, my candy cane pistols are tiny and more timid though.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big was the tiger? I think they aren't likely to be a meal, my candy cane pistols are tiny and more timid though.
He was a good inch a little more. I just literally have nothing in there but the halloweens. One of his pinchers was snipped off too

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back