Pistol Shrimp Lifespan

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snoopdog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2018
Messages
1,646
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Mobile, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not exactly sure how long I have had my Tiger Pistol Shrimp, at least a year now. When I got him he was much smaller and lately I noticed he is just as big as his Watchman Goby, which is now quite large. He has been eating very, very well as of lately I have been feeding him scallop. Around two days ago I noticed I have not seen him, the holes into the entrance are getting smaller but the Goby is still in there. Are their higher chances he is dead or molting? How long should I wait before I find a replacement if he passed away? Everything in the tank is extremely healthy and my parameters are spot on.
 
Depending on how big your tank is, he is more than likely digging around under your rockwork. I have two and will go weeks to months without seeing one or the other. My tiger created a whole maze throughout the crevices and caves I have in my rockwork especially towards the back where its hard to see him. My tank is 75g
 
Depending on how big your tank is, he is more than likely digging around under your rockwork. I have two and will go weeks to months without seeing one or the other. My tiger created a whole maze throughout the crevices and caves I have in my rockwork especially towards the back where its hard to see him. My tank is 75g

Mine has a massive maze under the rockwork too but in the daytime he religiously stays on the front right of the tank. He is rather predictable and this is out of character for him.
 
I get it, its concerning when they break from the usual routine. I'd wait 2-3 weeks to see if his construction projects disappear before worrying too much. Also keep your ears open. Sometimes the snapping is the only thing telling me he's still in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new