Pistol shrimp questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishyj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishyj

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
712
Reaction score
526
Location
Niagara Falls NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby in my 13 gallon tank. Is there any way to keep him from burying my rocks and stealing my frags? I now have sand dunes in my tank. Do you think changing to crush coral sand bed would help? I probably have about 1.5 inches of sand in there for him now. I am due for my water change so I was going to pull out some sand and replace it . My sand gets turned over completely probably once a day. It’s as white as the day I put it in.
IMG_0742.jpeg image.jpg IMG_0741.png
 
I say just let him do his thing. I have a diamond goby that does the exact same thing constantly. Every once in a while I put the sand back how it, just to see him move it all again. But I like watching him do this, so…
 
Mine is fun to watch. I guess I will just have to get creative with my coral placements. I will have to make sure the rock is stable and let him do his thing.
 
Sorry, it's just what they do. You can always glue your frags to the rock.
 
I would also suggest gluing your rock together so your scape is secure.
 
Get a frag rack so they are not on the sand bed or glue them to the rocks. This is really the only two options.
 
You can trade him in for a candy pistol, which is smaller and much less messy.
 
I plan on doing both, gluing them on the rocks, getting a frag rack. The rocks are already glued together. After I glue the corals, I plan on giving him the frag plugs to play with.
 
Mine is fun to watch. I guess I will just have to get creative with my coral placements. I will have to make sure the rock is stable and let him do his thing.
lol , yeah i don't put any corals where I know he likes to put sand :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
I have a pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby in my 13 gallon tank. Is there any way to keep him from burying my rocks and stealing my frags? I now have sand dunes in my tank. Do you think changing to crush coral sand bed would help? I probably have about 1.5 inches of sand in there for him now. I am due for my water change so I was going to pull out some sand and replace it . My sand gets turned over completely probably once a day. It’s as white as the day I put it in.
IMG_0742.jpeg image.jpg IMG_0741.png
Try gluing frags down! Mine does that too
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new