Pistol Shrimp Stories!

I have decide that this weekend I either capture the sprimp or kill it one or the other and I honestly don;t care which
 
I have a pistol shrimp. It is gold with blue legs really cool looking. It does not have a tank mate goby. I got him in this huge piece of live rock. I didn't know he was there for a year. one day I saw it. It used to make it's loud snapping noise at night but doesn't do that any more. It stays in it's area and that's it. When I get a pic I will post it.
 
I purchased a Randall's Pistol and a Yellow Watchman at my LFS. About 2 months went by and I had only seen the pistol shrimp once and then he disappeared. So one day I'm cleaning my tank and I look in the overflow box. Lo and behold I see my pistol shrimp swimming around in there! So I gently got him out with a net and placed him next to my watchman goby and they FINALLY paired up. They have been together ever since. Here is a short video I took afterwards. Sorry about the crappy quality but I hope you enjoy.

[video=youtube;ZJhSX1F3-24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJhSX1F3-24[/video]

Also this is my first post so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and contributing as much a knowledge as I have!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new