Pistol shrimp wreaking havoc

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeSoDo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DeSoDo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2024
Messages
308
Reaction score
198
Location
Raleigh
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much and as bad as I wanted a tiger pistol shrimp, this thing has burrows everywhere in my tank and kicking up sand and detritus. Started as a typical type burrow in one corner, then it moved to the next, then the middle of the tank which is where it is most of the time. Walk into the room today to feed the tank, and see this!

You're killing me smalls!

 
Yup. I am stuck with one as well. Kicks up sand constantly. But getting it out of the tank would be near impossible and I like it too much…. Just a part of having them I guess.
Almost as annoying as my urchin that constantly carries frags on its back.
 
Yup. I am stuck with one as well. Kicks up sand constantly. But getting it out of the tank would be near impossible and I like it too much…. Just a part of having them I guess.
Almost as annoying as my urchin that constantly carries frags on its back.
Yeah, I've never had an urchin, but the sand it kicks around is crazy. I can never keep my glass clean. I'll scrape it one day, the next night, it's dirty again. I love watching it work though!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new